The human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted disease which causes a complication and commonly known as genital warts. Genital warts are sexually transmitted infections characterized by the appearance of small meat bumps around the genital or rectal area.
This disease does not cause pain and does not endanger the life of the sufferer. A person can get genital warts through skin contact when he or she has sexual intercourse with another person who has been infected.
Genital Warts Causes
Genital warts are complications caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Human papillomavirus is mainly transmitted through sexual intercourse which makes this illness a type of sexually transmitted disease (STD).
The person vulnerability to infect by this disease is usually supported by several risk factors such as having sexual intercourse with more than one unprotected partner, oral sex, sexually active since adolescence and has a previous history of sexual infection. In addition, transmission can also occur through sex toys that have been exposed to the HPV virus.
Genital Warts Symptoms
Genital warts are a condition that is quite easily recognized. However, if warts grow in the place that hard to see such as inside the vagina or anus, the doctor may require a speculum or proctoscopy. They often take the appearance of:
- The Small with flesh-colored swellings and sometimes, the color may be gray
- The Groups of warts that clump together and form a cauliflower shape
In addition, warts may form in the mouth or throat due to performing oral sex with an infected partner. Although it is not really dangerous, warts sometimes itch and can be painful.
Get Quick Medical Answer from a Doctor. Just Ask!
Have a medical problem? Connect one-on-one with verified Doctors online or by phone. Pediatricians and other specialists available 24/7.ASK A DOCTOR NOW!
Genital Warts Treatment
There is no known cure for this condition. However, the method of treatment of genital warts is divided into two, through the administration of topical medicines (ointment-shaped drugs, creams, or liquids containing specific chemicals) and ablation procedures (destruction of wart tissue by burning, frozen, or dissecting).
Do not treat genital warts using wart remedies in pharmacies without consulting to a doctor first. It is feared to cause irritation and pain to the areas affected. Moreover, there are several home remedies available that can help provide relief while your body fights off the infection.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. It contains strong antimicrobial properties that are known to be effective against warts. You can apply it to warts three times a day.
- Tea Tree Oil. It is used for various skin infections due to its powerful antimicrobial compounds. To use this remedy, you need to dilute it with the carrier oil because its potency is so strong that can cause skin irritation.
- Witch Hazel Water. This flower contains a compound called tannins which gives it its healing ability. It is commonly used to treat various skin ailments such as itches, swelling, varicose veins, insect bites and minor burns.
- Pineapple Juice. It contains bromelain which may help with inflammatory skin conditions and help break down warts.
- Garlic. Due to its strong antiviral properties, make it a great remover.