Gout disease is a condition that can cause unbearable pain symptoms, swelling, and hot feeling in the joints. The stiffness and swelling are the results of excess uric acid forming crystals in the joints. Although all joints in the body can be exposed to gout disease, the most frequently attacked are the joints of fingers, knees, ankles, and toes.
Men are more prone to gout disease compared with women, especially when they are over 30 years old. In women, the disease is usually at risk after menopause.
The true cause of gout is determined by having high levels of uric acid in the blood. It is known as hyperuricemia. Symptoms of pain and swelling of uric acid disease caused by puncture of sharp crystals around the joints. They are formed by the accumulation of uric acid substances.
According to research, someone who has a family with gout disease can be exposed to the same conditions. There are numerous risk factors or trigger factors that determine your chances of being diagnosed with this disease such as:
- An unhealthy diet loaded like high amounts of alcohol, food containing high-fructose corn syrup (HCFS), and purine-rich food
- Being obese or overweight
- Existing medical problems
There are a variety of symptoms of gout disease:
Get Quick Medical Answer from a Doctor. Just Ask!
Have a medical problem? Connect one-on-one with verified Doctors online or by phone. Pediatricians and other specialists available 24/7.ASK A DOCTOR NOW!
- The presence of nodules or tophi in the elbows, hands, or ears
- Red or purplish skin
- Intense pain in the joints of the ankles, hands, wrists, knees, and feet
- Red, swollen, and tender joints
- Lessened flexibility and limited movement of the joints
It is important to have enough rest while you have gout disease. Immediately, take the medication prescribed by the doctor once you feel the onset of gout.
Conventional physicians would usually recommend drugs such as corticosteroids, colchicine, Zyloprim, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for gout pain relief with harmful side effects. The following for gout pain minus the health risks:
- Cayenne Cream. It is also called capsaicin cream. It works by reducing substance P in your body, a chemical usually seen in the nerve cells that sends pain signals to your brain
- Boswellia. This herb has anti-inflammatory components that are able to lessen pain brought about by the disease
- Krill Oil. An animal-based fat that has anti-inflammatory properties, diminishing joint inflammation and enhancing joint lubrication
- Bromelain. It is found in the stem and juice of pineapple and a proleptic enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties
- Cetyl Myristoleate Oil (CMO). It serves as an anti-inflammatory and a joint lubricant, acting on your joints to make them feel less pain
- Evening Primrose, Black Currant, and Borage Oil. These essential oils can provide pain relief for arthritis
- Ginger. It has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties too
- Astaxanthin. Astaxanthin has anti-inflammatory effects that can relieve joint pain