Anxiety disorder is overthinking or too anxious about a problem or situation. This disorder causes a person feels distracted, concentrates on possible negative events, and even overwhelm by unreasonable and unfounded fears.
In severe conditions, an anxiety disorder can cause panic and chronic problem. When it becomes chronic, the anxiety can affect the different aspects of a person’s life such as diet, relationships, sleep, relaxation, and career. Anxiety also can reduce a person’s quality of life and trigger bad lifestyle habits. The bad habits are smoking, drinking alcohol, and taking medicine.
Anxiety Disorder Causes
The research shows that anxiety is a normal reaction of the mind to an event that occurs in a person’s life. Anxiety can motivate someone to find a way out or work hard to achieve goals. However, many people tend to react differently.
Anxiety disorder is caused by things that make a person feel depressed such as new job, work problems, new roles in the family, personal problems, problems in relationships, and financial problem.
People who experience chronic anxiety become more vulnerable. In severe cases, anxiety can lead to depression then cause a person to think of suicide. These are the most common symptoms that you have an anxiety disorder.
Get Quick Medical Answer from a Doctor. Just Ask!
Have a medical problem? Connect one-on-one with verified Doctors online or by phone. Pediatricians and other specialists available 24/7.ASK A DOCTOR NOW!
- Pounding heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or breathing fast
- A headache
- Feeling tense, jumpy or irritable
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Muscle tensions, tremors, and twitches
- Frequent urination or diarrhea
- Feeling absent-minded
The persons who have anxiety for a long time should not allow this disorder to affect health. Releasing the problem in mind to others can be very helpful in relieving anxiety.
If you do not have anyone to discuss the problem, there are many professional medicals like therapists or psychiatrists. The best treatment for anxiety is to change the lifestyle. The following are the treatment for an anxiety disorder:
- Exercise regularly. By exercising regularly can boost the immune system and make a person healthier mentally and physically to fight stress
- Eat well. A healthy and balanced meal helps a person deflect the form of anxiety
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine tends to cause anxiety, trigger stress, and adrenaline response
- Planning relaxation techniques. A person who experiences anxiety has to start relaxation techniques consciously in order to not get caught in anxiety
- Doing relaxation techniques that are available. Relaxation techniques like taking a deep breath, listening to music, and reading, taking a walk, or doing yoga
- Meditating. The mind is the source of anxiety, and meditating helps to empty the mind so it will hold up the production of stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol